Being pregnant, mentally becoming a parent... It's already quite nerve-wracking. And when we think about what is necessary before the arrival of baby: cold sweats, trembling, anxiety, aggressiveness...(we may be abusing a little but in any case for the first it is quite stressful!) In short, we do not have peace of mind because we want the best for baby and not forget anything.
So, to help you prepare as best as possible for this approaching daily life, we have drawn up a list of the essentials.
The birth list: the big deal?
Almost everyone has already seen a well-stocked birth list scrolling through their news feed for the little one of a family member, a friend, a colleague, an ex... Why not you?
All of these lovely people will want to give a baby gift. That's where the birth list comes into play: having what you need and what you choose. Not 157 different comforters while Baby will have his chosen one that he won't let go of. Not one piece of clothing that will never be worn. Just what is on your list and will be used :)
You can create some on the internet or directly in specialized nursery stores. Think of putting items at quite different rates, so that everyone can participate :)
What to buy for a baby before his arrival:
To make sure he has a full belly
This will depend on whether you are breastfeeding or not so adapt according to your situation.
- bottles of different sizes with nipples size 1 and 2 in glass or plastic without bisphenol A. Even if you're breastfeeding, it's always good to bring some if it's not possible at certain times :)
- first age milk powder
- 1 bottle brush to clean the bottom of the bottles (milk stinks)
- 1 milk measuring cup
- 1 bottle drainer
- bottle bibs: you'll love baby's spit-up to wipe off????
- 1 breastfeeding kit: breastfeeding pillow (or simply a bolster), breast pump, milk storage jars, nipple protectors
To take her anywhere
When baby is born, the WHO strongly recommends skin-to-skin. Our slings are suitable for practicing it from the maternity ward while allowing you to take baby everywhere, curled up against you.
For your outings with baby:
- 1 ergonomic baby carrier adapted from birth or 1 baby wrap: the most practical with all the benefits of babywearing
- 1 stroller if you feel the need
- 1 changing bag
- 1 car seat
- 1 blanket (rain or not)
Discover our multifunctional changing bag, the CaravanBAG :
- carry baby on your hip;
- protect him from the rain;
- hang the bag on your stroller, baby carrier. bike, suitcase...
- continue to use it outside of your parenting life
- Which one to adopt as a stroller or a baby carrier?
- Wearing a sling or a baby carrier, how to choose?
To make him all nice and clean (hygiene)
All babies are beautiful: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But not all babies are clean! So you need to buy a number of products:
- a baby bathtub or a reducer for your own bathtub
- a bath thermometer
- towels or bath capes
- a changing table and mattress for changing baby
- diapers (and a diaper bin, but it's not essential?) size birth and 1 month
- 1 baby thermometer to watch over his temperature
- Shower gel, shampoo, baby soap
- pads and biseptin to pamper baby's cord
- 1 baby fly (worst time whether it's for him or for you...)
- 1 hairbrush
- 1 pair of baby scissors
- moisturizer and baby butt cream
So he sleeps like a baby
- 1 room with a bed/cradle/cododo bed (it's better)
- 1 mattress
- fitted fitted sheets
- sleeping bags
- 1 baby monitor
- 1 mobile to rock him/her
- 1 night light
- 1 dresser + wardrobe
To make him/her feel comfortable (essential clothes)
At the beginning of his/her life, baby will mostly be in pajamas or very cozy and comfortable outfits, it won't be a fashion show then he grows up very fast!
- Bodies, bodies, bodiiiiies : useful all the time in summer and winter, the classic outfit (size 1 month except preemie)
- Pajamas (size 1 month except preemie)
- 1 pair of booties
- pairs of socks
- 1 beanie
- 1 pair of mittens
- 2 or 3 daytime outfits
- 2 or 3 vests
With all of this, you should be all set and relaxing nicely. The rest will come later :)