Sometimes baby wriggles or tenses when you tie the wrap and he can lose his natural sitting position. Invite him to go back to a deep squat as you tie the Double Hammock, rock him gently and tell him what you expect him to do.
A few tips to preserve the spread squat position :
- Use the Santa toss to put Baby on your back, you can put fabric between his legs from the start so his knees are in the right position from the beginning.
- Don't lean forward too much, otherwise Baby can get dizzy and he'll want to push on his hands to regain his balance. Stand straight and look far in front of you as you tie the wrap.
- Support Baby's buttocks as you tie the wrap so he keeps the spread squat position. Rock gently.
- Grab the soles of his feet, get some slack, stand straight and push the knees up.
- There can also be tricky, sensitive times. When he starts walking, Baby will want to explore verticality, balance and space for himself. He will be less cooperative and may not want to be worn unless he needs to (to see things he cannot walk to on hiw own, to rest...). Talk to him, explain, give him a (soft) toy.