Getting dressed and dressing baby during the babywearing process can be complicated... Should I put a coat on baby in the carrier? How do I dress myself, with a larger jacket to accommodate baby? In short, many questions that arise, let's see together the most practical babywearing clothes.
Babywearing jacket / Babywearing coat with insert
Several names exist because it simply depends on the thickness you want to wear in winter, summer or spring.
As its name indicates, it is a jacket adapted to the babywearing in a sling or in a baby carrier. It has its own carrying insert that allows you to extend the jacket during pregnancy or babywearing. You have to add this insert with zippers. It is in no way a substitute for baby carriers and slings. It is not used alone to carry a baby.
- It can be used during pregnancy, during babywearing and especially when baby is walking, it is a durable product
- Protects baby and you at the same time
- Cost can be important
- There is its insert to be added to be used during babywearing or pregnancy
- You may need two jackets: one for dad, one for mom
To summarize, it is an all-in-one solution that combines jacket + coat extension.
The babywearing insert
It is a piece of fabric that is added to your coat thanks to the zips. It is an extension of your usual coat. There are different fabrics from the warmest to the lightest to protect baby from cold or bad weather. Some brands offer universal inserts to adapt more easily to your personal jackets.
- You keep your usual coat
- An insert can be used on different jackets (if they are compatible)
- Cost can be more reasonable than a jacket (from 25€ to more than 100€)
- It may not fit all your jackets
- You will have to buy compatible jackets or adapters for the zippers
- Once you don't wear your baby anymore, it has no more use and has a programmed obsolescence
To sum up, it is a cheap alternative but it can hardly fit all your jackets and coats (it depends on the model) and will become useless once you will not wear your child anymore.
|What if we told you that it was possible to have a babywearing jacket, wearable by both mom and dad (if their bodies are not too far apart), WITHOUT A WEARING INSERT, that can be worn with or without baby with style?
Our babywearing jacket without insert - Parent’s Hoodie : practicality and mix
No, we don't congratulate ourself BUT we have imagined a solution to :
- protect you and baby from the cold while carrying baby in the wrap or carrier
- usable by Mom and Dad, so only one jacket if the size is roughly equivalent: loose fit for one and tight fit for the other
- a mixed design
- no insert, zips on the sides allow to enlarge and reduce the hoodie
- a sweatshirt thin enough to accept your other jackets/coats over it : the thumbhole that allows not to have sleeves that go up
- practical for breastfeeding baby thanks to the heart cover
In short, a product that can be worn ALL YEAR LONG, BEFORE AND AFTER BABY, BY MOM, DAD, LADY, MR.
It is the PARENT’S HOODIE (but not only).
|MY GREY HOODIE WITHOUT INSERT
|MY BLACK HOODIE WITHOUT INSERT
- go out at any time with baby or without baby
- use it during pregnancy without buying a pregnancy coat extension
- wear it in a warm front carry (with your baby carrier or wrap)
- in all practicality and privacy
We are available to advise you by email, phone or on our social networks.
In addition to this article: