Baby's first Christmas, what a touching moment. All first times are magical: first laugh, first word, first tooth, first steps... The first Christmas is no exception and will remain engraved in your memories (well, your baby won't really remember it sorry ....).
This moment is yours! Seeing your little one marvelling at all these decorations would make anyone happy :) Yes, yes, yes, you will melt with love in front of his eyes looking everywhere, spend astronomical amounts of money and baby, he, will not remember it hihi. But we forgive him eh?
Preparing for Baby's First Christmas
Prepare the camera
Well, at less than a year old, baby won't remember opening presents and making the tree. The trick is to film and photograph these once-in-a-lifetime moments.
Your child (and you) will be thrilled to be able to see these photos again years later!
Decorate your home/outdoor
What a pleasure to see your house become a giant garland as Christmas approaches! (except for boring people.... no we're kidding).
This is one of the baby features: why? Because it flashes everywhere, it stimulates his senses, it's BIG. So, don't hesitate to get some string lights!
As for the tree, you don't have to get a huge one that can impress baby. For the decorations, if baby is old enough to hold an object, he can help you decorate the bottom of the tree :) Prefer plastic balls not very fragile, the rendering will perhaps be unbalanced and not very aesthetic at the bottom but baby will have participated at your side in this very pleasant moment.
Small point ecology / economy : think of turning off your decorations when you leave, no one sees them, it would be a bit of a pity not?
The advent calendar
You read that right, if you love the tradition of the advent calendar for yourself to enjoy your little chocolate every day, you can do the same with baby!
So obviously, the notion of a countdown is still complicated for your child to grasp, but he'll appreciate having his little toy or snack every day.
We see you parents gaga, having a lasting memory of the first Christmas also goes through a personalized decoration with baby as:
- the personalized Christmas bauble where you can put a photo, the ultrasound, the birth bracelet, a cute little sock.. It's a very personalized decoration that you can reuse for life
- wooden decorations engraved with baby's name
- baby's hand or footprint : there are ready-made kits or you can make it yourself with flour, salt and water
The gift list
Of course you're going to want to spoil your child, we understand you! You should know that baby will mostly have fun with the wrapping at first...
You can then ask your relatives for "useful" gifts like clothes and offer some fun gifts like classic toys.
Discover: Baby's First Christmas Gift Ideas
Christmas activities to do with baby
You're not going ice skating or crafting with baby during the holidays, however plenty of other activities are possible:
- have them smell all the characteristic Christmas scents: cinnamon, fir, gingerbread..
- have them touch and choose the UNBREAKABLE balls to put on the tree to develop their touch and amuse them
- listen to Christmas songs already because it's a mandatory tradition and because your child will enjoy it just as much! Musical cards to open and close are also great fun for baby (you might not be able to after a while)
- reading a Christmas-related book to him
- And especially dancing in your arms! To be comfortable during the dance, a baby sling or baby carrier will be perfect. You can even do a 3-way dance because your arms will be free :)
|SMOOTH VALSE IN BABY WRAP||DANCING WITH A BABY CARRIER|
The big day
New Year's Eve party schedule
Baby probably won't manage to stay awake all night.. Let him have his rhythm as he won't wake up later anyway!
Sleep him when you feel he is grumpy and tired and enjoy your evening with your family :)
It all depends on the age of your child and whether you have started food diversification or not. It's up to you!
The Christmas outfit
Yes, dressing up your little one with a Christmas outfit is way too cute and funny. Many outfits exist on the market: sweater with a reindeer, pajamas with Christmas colors, beanie... The key is to focus on comfort once again and soft materials!
We hope you will enjoy this magical time with your family with baby and wish you a great holiday season!